The Asset Protection Associate (Corp/DC) role at Ocean State Job Lot (“OSJL” or “Company”) is responsible for ensuring the security and safety of our associates, visitors, facilities and assets. This role implements all security and safety measures, protocols, and procedures to mitigate risks, prevent incidents, and maintain a secure and compliant environment. This role is responsible for protecting company assets, preventing shrink in all business areas (including the Corporate Offices, Distribution Center, and Store Locations) and ensuring compliance with Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (“C-TPAT”) procedures and company standards when receiving freight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Validate trucks at freight yard entrance including, but not limited to, verifying per C-TPAT procedures and communicating effectively with internal business partners.
- Verify outbound OSJL store shipments by cross-matching shipment documentation and truck seals, resolving discrepancies as appropriate, and communicating effectively with drivers.
- Monitor closed-circuit television surveillance cameras and report incidents.
- Act as a central contact and control for all asset protection, safety, and security concerns.
- Enter all tractors and trailers into appropriate internal systems to track movement and access.
- Respond promptly to workplace accidents, incidents, and emergencies at the Distribution Center and Corporate Offices to ensure the safety and well-being of OSJL associates and visitors.
- Document safety and security accidents and incidents in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure compliance with OSJL policies and procedures and all other applicable standards, laws, and regulations including, but not limited to, C-TPAT procedures and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”) and U.S. Department of Transportation regulations.
- Leverage industry best practices to hold the Asset Protection team accountable for safe and secure practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 or more years of experience in a related setting such as an asset protection department or guard shack.
- Proficient in Google platform (i.e. Slides, Docs, Drive, Sheets, Sites).
- Ability to read and review written instructions, manuals, documents, and daily Asset Protection reports.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Receive C-TPAT certification within 30 days of hire.
- Effective Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have the ability to build and maintain a culture of trust and respect.
- Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the Company. You commit time, focus, and energy to develop future OSJL leaders by motivating them around a common purpose and vision.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum amount of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner. You understand the tools and processes needed to meet larger strategic initiatives.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- The warehouse environment is characterized by temperature extremes, noise, movement of conveyors and equipment, and other conditions associated with the operation of a high volume distribution center.
- Candidates must be able to perform assigned tasks at various posts including but not limited to: truck lot posts, mobile response, central station, and associate entrances.
- Physical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to move, transport, and position material up to 50 pounds at a time;
- Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head;
- Frequent moving in and out of buildings and around the freight yard and guard shack;
- Fluctuate between remaining stationary and moving, for up to 10-12 hours a day; and
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job duties and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position. Leadership has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract, either express or implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without notice.
The compensation for this role is up to $18/hr commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants can apply here.