HeliService USA is looking for dynamic personnel to support offshore windfarm construction, operations, and maintenance. Ground operations staff support a fleet of AW-169 helicopters and associated flight operations. They perform loading and unloading of baggage and freight as well as other duties in relation to preparing aircraft for flight. Responsibilities will also include outdoor ramp operations, aircraft cleaning, security, operations, and commissary duties as required. This position will be locally based at Quonset State Airport (RI).
Duties & Responsibilities
• Load and unload baggage of various weights and dimensions to and from the helicopter.
• Shuttle passengers via a transit passenger van to both the helicopter and terminal building.
• Marshal aircraft to and from parking on the ramp.
• Assist customers with unique needs and aid in the boarding process.
• Maintain cleanliness in terminal, hangar, and ramp areas.
• Assist with passenger check-in.
• Handle Passengers’ Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Cleaning, inspecting & instructing passengers on how to properly don the PPE.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
• Quick thinking and flexible to ensure task completion.
• Ability to manage several tasks and communications streams at once.
• Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
• Must be physically able to push/pull/lift, unload, and maneuver heavy luggage and/or equipment in excess of 70 pounds for extended periods of time; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, climbing, balancing, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time in aircraft cargo holds and baggage bins. The employee must have sufficient hearing and vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
• Must be able to work in the airport environment: Both indoors and outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges and conditions may be encountered.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Options exist for both part-time and full-time positions.
Preferred but not Required:
• Prior experience with aircraft handling.
• Experience with helicopter operations.
About HeliService USA:
• First operation of its kind in the U.S. to support offshore wind operations.
• Competitive pay and excellent benefits package with 401k matching.
• Rapidly expanding U.S. owned & operated small business.
• Opportunities for exchange with our partner company in Germany to learn procedures and build from their extensive experience in offshore wind.
• Excellent opportunities for growth and upward mobility.
• HeliService USA is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants may submit required documents, cover letter, and resume to: [email protected]