Toray seeks team members who are hardworking, and passionate about their work and energetic problem-solvers who have a “can-do” attitude. Team members who think creatively and want to implement new ideas thrive here. We value people who wish to pursue a rewarding career in which they develop new skills and progress through the organization. Many Toray employees have been with the company for more than a decade. Covid Vaccination preferred but not required.
Toray Plastics (America), Inc., is a films and chemical manufacturer, which is a $450 million subsidiary of the Japan-based Toray Group, which manufactures synthetic fibers, carbon fibers, plastics, and chemicals and employs more than 45,000 people in 26 countries. Annual sales exceed US$21 billion.
TPA’s films businesses in Rhode Island and foams division in Virginia are global leaders and provide innovative products that are used worldwide for consumer and industrial applications. TPA is committed to environmental, social, and corporate governance. Learn more by visiting www.toraytpa.com.
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire (Medical, Vision Dental, Life insurance)
- 401k - 4% match on the first 8% of individual contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Shift Pay Differential
- Overtime pay - time and a half and double time pay
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We offer a $1,200.00 Employee Referral Bonus Program payout to both referral and employee
- Advancement Opportunities
- High school diploma preferred
- 2 years vocational schooling or equivalent or 2 years hands-on maintenance related experience in an industrial environment.
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents (i.e., safety rules, blue prints, electrical schematics, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals).
- Basic hand tools required, as well as knowledge of each tools’ proper use.
- Ability to read and follow mechanical and electrical drawings, safety rules and procedures, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Must be able to apply basic electrical theory to solve problems in plant equipment. Ability to remove and replace simple mechanical assemblies with little or no supervision and understand their basic operation and application (i.e., blowers, pumps, gearboxes, etc.).
- Must have the ability to type routine reports on the computer and have the ability to work with a CMM program such as 7i.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must have good attendance and history of good work performance and be able to perform the essential functions of the job in a satisfactory manner.
- Must comply with 24 hour on call procedures (this includes holidays, weekends, and scheduled days off, and working unexpected long workdays).
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Some computer skills required
- Manufacturing Mechanical or Electrical experience required
- Journeyman Electrical License preferred
*Note: All candidates are required to complete the Maintenance Mechanical Tests
Toray Plastics (America) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Toray Plastics (America), Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on any protected status, workplace harassment/bullying and retaliation for filing a complaint or providing information related to a complaint. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and medical related conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.