Toray Plastics (America), Inc., is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Toray Group, which manufactures synthetic fibers, carbon fibers, plastics, and chemicals and employs more than 45,000 people in 26 countries. Annual sales exceed US$21 billion.
TPA’s films businesses in Rhode Island and foams division in Virginia are global leaders and provide innovative products that are used worldwide for consumer and industrial applications. TPA is committed to environmental, social, and corporate governance. Learn more by visiting www.toraytpa.com.
We currently have an opportunity at our Rhode Island headquarters for a Shift Process Engineer (Day Shift). This role is primarily responsible for assessing short- and long-term technical process management of production equipment and manufacturing activities to meet or exceed quality standards while optimizing operational profits. Furthermore, this role is expected to investigate manufacturing processing issues, designing modifications and methods to prevent them using root cause analysis while providing documentation of findings and analyses.
Essential Duties:· Assesses manufacturing processes and identifies problem areas, developing detailed projects and efforts to enhance productivity, safety, or product quality.· Monitors daily manufacturing processes, collecting and analyzing data to identify processing issues using engineering principles. Documents findings and uses these analyses to develop proactive approaches in problem solving through the early identification and prevention.
· Utilizes recognized statistical process control techniques and other measurement tools to develop, maintain and present required reports detailing the effectiveness of existing processes or supporting the need for the introduction of new processes/procedures.
· Collects and measures equipment data regularly, analyzing results to ensure consistent manufacturing performance.
· Interfaces with engineering, production, quality control, maintenance, and other departments to solve multi-faceted manufacturing issues, creating robust action plans to prevent future occurrences.
· Interacts with new product development group to assist in implementation and scale up of new products on the production lines.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate and present well in written and verbal formats
- Thorough documentation and record keeping abilities
Education & Experience Required:
- B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical, or other relevant Engineering discipline required
- 0-2 years of practical work experience in Chemical, Mechanical, or other relevant Engineering discipline required
Note: This is a 12-hour day shift position (8 am to 8 pm). Schedule will be discussed during the interview process.
Toray Plastics (America), Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on any protected status, workplace harassment/bullying and retaliation for filing a complaint or providing information related to a complaint. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and medical-related conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco and alcohol-free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.